The Ventilator Project, a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston, is on a mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 and other patients of respiratory illnesses worldwide. Tyler Mantel, founder of Watertower Robotics, sought out to address the biggest problems with ventilators during the Covid-19 pandemic: the cost of ventilators, which can be upwards of $40,000 apiece, and the lack of parts to build them given the bottlenecks in the supply chain for medical grade parts. The Ventilator Project’s mission is thus to rapidly prototype, build and ship ventilators built from readily available parts at a fraction of the price ($5,000).
The Department of Quality and Regulatory Affairs is looking for a Project Management Intern who will be responsible for supporting projects in collaboration with the policy, quality and compliance engineering, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing teams.
This individual will be learning project management skills, the FDA EUA and 510k submission process, international submission processes, and/or other assigned projects concerning regulatory affairs.
- Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership experience in managing or supporting projects with various team members, stakeholders, and timelines.
- Ability to demonstrate robust organizational skills, time-management, scheduling, and complex details.
- Comfort in understanding and utilizing advanced biological and/or engineering terminology in both writing and speaking
- Experience with organizational analytical methods and setting KPIs.
The team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets, but each of us share a common calling: we couldn’t continue to sit and wait. We knew it was time to step up and find a solution.
LOCATION: Boston/Remote for the time being.
DISCLOSURE: This is an unpaid volunteer position. Many volunteers are working remotely. On-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing social distancing. We have COVID-safe policies and protocols in place. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Please Apply Here: https://k7y.pl/s/ojk9h