The Ventilator Project is a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of COVID-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID-19, fight with us.
The Ventilator Project is looking for a Policy Intern who will be responsible for supporting policy projects in collaboration with the engineering and manufacturing teams. This individual will be learning as well as acting as a policy liaison on the FDA EUA and 510k submission process, international processes, FMEA risk analysis, FDA labeling, and/or other assigned projects.
- Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Confident ability to distinguish nuances in formal documents and read efficiently through dense policy materials.
- Experience researching, drafting, and revising policy-related documents and memos.
- Previous coursework or internship experience in project management or policy analysis.
The team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets, but each of us share a common calling: we couldn’t continue to sit and wait. We knew it was time to step up and find a solution.
LOCATION: Boston on-site/Remote.
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
Please Apply Here: https://k7y.pl/s/nubnf