All opportunities with TVP Health are currently unpaid volunteer positions that will give you a rich and unique opportunity to learn and participate alongside highly regarded industry experts.
TVP Health is a 501c3 nonprofit located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to simplify complex biomedical products to make them accessible and affordable for all. Our first ventilator, AIRA, was developed to be a universally accessible ventilator that could save the lives of Covid-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID19, fight with us. As of March 2021, our AIRA ventilator acquired the FDA EUA (Emergency Use Authorization).
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
The Ventilator Project is in search of an on-site Volunteer Firmware Engineer Intern to join our firmware team and help develop control software for our ventilator. The responsibilities of this role include:
* Developing drivers and control logic for various system control components and sensors in bare-metal C
* Contributing to architectural design documentation
* Unit-testing software components
* Conducting Failure Modes and Effects Analysis on software components
* Upholding software quality standards
* Working in a fast-paced team environment
* Background in Medical devices design
* Experience prototyping embedded devices, such as Arduino/raspberry pi/etc.
* Previous work experience in start-up companies/environments
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/xrEcW