The Ventilator Project is a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID19, fight with us.
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
The Ventilator Project is looking for a versatile manufacturing engineer who will play a key role in the development process. This individual will handle various aspects, from tools to equipment to routing (i.e. labor assessments). They will help document manufacturing requirements and write specifications for any custom tools and equipment. They will also work directly with CM’s and franchisees, along with cross-interacting with the Manufacturing Test Team and VKS Software team in a supporting role. This position will require 10-20hrs weekly.
- Junior to Principal level engineer
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- This position is on-site only. Flexibility to work part-time as well as remotely, but expected to be on-site at minimum a few times a week.
- Comfort in understanding and utilizing advanced biological and/or engineering terminology in both writing and speaking
- Experience with organizational analytical methods
- Excellent time management skills
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/kwMNC